Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 8 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 17th April at 7:30 pm, in the Pavilion.…
- <!–:en–>Clecs Bro Cader – Spring Edition<!–:–><!–:cy–>Clecs Bro Cader – Rhifyn Gwanwyn<!–:–>
- Clecs Bro Cader – Spring EditionPosted 26 days ago
Clecs Bro Cader Community Newsletter
Online version of the latest edition is available here
- Christmas Lights in the Parish 2016
- Christmas Lights in the Parish 2016Posted 26 days ago
The Christmas Lights were judged on the evening of 20th December, a miserable wet night – again!
Nevertheless, the diverse displays made it worthwhile with several outstanding shows. It is as…
- <!–:en–>Family Centre news<!–:–><!–:cy–>Canolfan Deuluol Newyddion<!–:–>
- Family Centre newsPosted 26 days ago
Pencader Family Centre is up and running, after fully recovering from the flood of 2016. We are sorry to see the departure of Elaine, who is furthering her education by…
- <!–:en–>WI Centenary<!–:–><!–:cy–>WI Canmlwyddiant<!–:–>
- Pencader WIPosted 26 days ago
The year has started well. We are very pleased that Linda, Barbara and Rosemary have joined us and hope they enjoy the benefits to be had from becoming W.I. members.
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 28 days ago
At the meeting on 16th January, our AGM, it was particularly pleasing to welcome three new members of the Community, Hannah Phipps, Louisa Lovell and Ian Chapman. All…