Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Local Eisteddfod<!–:–><!–:cy–>Eisteddfod Leol<!–:–>
- Local EisteddfodPosted 6 days ago
Llanfihangel-ar-arth and Parish Eisteddfod
To see the report for 2017 and the full results click on the links below.
- <!–:en–>EXHIBITION OF PENCADER’S HISTORY, MAY 26 – 29 2017<!–:–><!–:cy–>ARDDANGOSFA O HANES PENCADER, 26-29 MAI 2017<!–:–>
- EXHIBITION OF PENCADER’S HISTORY, MAY 26 – 29 2017Posted 10 days ago
An appeal for old photographs and any historical items
I am organising an Exhibition to be held over Whitsun Bank Holiday, from Friday May 26 to Monday, May 29 2017 at…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 12 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 15th May at 7:30 pm, in the Pavilion.…
- <!–:en–>Clecs Bro Cader – Spring Edition<!–:–><!–:cy–>Clecs Bro Cader – Rhifyn Gwanwyn<!–:–>
- Clecs Bro Cader – Spring EditionPosted 57 days ago
Clecs Bro Cader Community Newsletter
Online version of the latest edition is available here
- Christmas Lights in the Parish 2016
- Christmas Lights in the Parish 2016Posted 57 days ago
The Christmas Lights were judged on the evening of 20th December, a miserable wet night – again!
Nevertheless, the diverse displays made it worthwhile with several outstanding shows. It is as…
- <!–:en–>Family Centre news<!–:–><!–:cy–>Canolfan Deuluol Newyddion<!–:–>
- Family Centre newsPosted 57 days ago
Pencader Family Centre is up and running, after fully recovering from the flood of 2016. We are sorry to see the departure of Elaine, who is furthering her education by…