The expansion of the railway system in the 19th century brought huge changes to the areas where stations were built. Pencader had a large station and yard because it was south of the junction where the line forked and headed west to Newcastle Emlyn and north toward Lampeter and on to Aberystwyth.
More information about the line is available HERE (external site opens in new tab)
In Llanfihangel-ar-Arth the line passed through a tunnel under the road, south of the tunnel a station was built in 1869. It was origionally called ‘Cross Inn, Llanfihangel’, it was then renamed ‘Newquay Road’ in 1874 and in 1916 renamed ‘Bryn Teifi’.
The remains of the station have recently been cleared and part of the platform and track bed exposed and opened to the public; there are plans to clear the track bed through the tunnel to create a footpath.
Links to Disused Stations website with lots of information and pictures:
A model of Pencader station and yard has been donated to the village, below are some pictures of the model.