How the group started
In July 2002 a Planning for Real event was held in Pencader. More than 100 residents gave their anonymous opinions on what was needed to be done to improve the area. From these results an Action Plan was drawn up and the group of people who had arranged the event decided to form a properly constituted organisation, the Pencader and District Regeneration Group.
The objectives as stated in the constitution are as follows:
To improve community life of the residents of the community of Pencader and surrounding villages (Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pontyweli), in particular communications and the general environment, while respecting equal opportunities for all in these regards.
- What we do
What we do
- Publishing a community newsletter – Clecs Bro Cader
- Arranging to establish this web site
- Arranging for 4 community notice boards to be erected
- Organising village clean ups
- Lobbying the County Council for improvements to the draft Unitary Plan and traffic speed
- Organising competitions such as Christmas Lights and Best Garden.
- Supporting the Local Walking Group
- Maintaining the flower bed and area around the interpretation panel in Pencader
- Run annual horticultural show.
The executive committee currently has 12 members. Membership of the Group is open to any resident of the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council area. Meetings are held on the third Monday of the month and are open to the public. See COMMUNITY DIARY.
Officers 2015 – 2016
- Chairman - Stuart Wilson
- Vice-chairman – Chris Fuller
- Secretary - Jane Griffiths
- Treasurer - To be appointed
- Minutes Secretary - Jane Griffiths
For more information contact the secretary at email@example.com
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 13 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 15th May at 7:30 pm, in the Pavilion.…
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 60 days ago
At the meeting on 16th January, our AGM, it was particularly pleasing to welcome three new members of the Community, Hannah Phipps, Louisa Lovell and Ian Chapman. All…
- <!–:en–>Greetings Cards<!–:–><!–:cy–>Cardiau Cyfarch<!–:–>
- Greetings CardsPosted 140 days ago